Re: Rendering athenian Sagittal using microlily

From: Graham Breed
Subject: Re: Rendering athenian Sagittal using microlily
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 08:22:08 +0100

> I'm having trouble getting Graham Breed's microlily to engrave
> athenian Sagittal accidentals properly in *.pdf files, using the
> Bravura font.
> The accidentals are replaced with random Unicode symbols (such as \rho
> and \xi). An example *.pdf with this issue is attached.

My version of the script won't work with Bravura.  It's written for
the old Sagittal font.  Bravura would be better but it means changing
all the numbers — including the code points, as you've noticed!

> I listened back to the *.midi file produced by microlily and it sounded
> like it was tuned properly. So it seems like this is an issue with
> Unicode codepoints, or something else to do with font rendering.
>
> I am using lilypond 2.22.1, but the problem persists if I switch to
> lilypond 2.12.3.

Right, 2.12.3 is good to keep around because there are issues with
later versions and they'll need a fairly comprehensive rewrite to fix.

                        Graham