Arpeggios across notes in different voices

From: Dirck Nagy
Subject: Arpeggios across notes in different voices
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 20:31:41 +0000

Hello all

I am trying to extend an arpeggio line to cover the entire chord in the example below.

I have tried using this:
{
  \consists "Span_arpeggio_engraver"
}
and this:
 \set Staff.connectArpeggios = ##t
  <<
    { <e' g>4\arpeggio <d f> <d f>2 }
    \\
    { <d, f>2\arpeggio <g b>2 }

as given in Reference 1.3.3, but I cannot make it work.

I understand the work-around for this example would be to notate all notes in a single voice, but i have other situations where this can not be done.

If anyone has time, could someone add the proper sequence & syntax to my example, please?  I think i could figure it out from there.

Thank you all so much!

Dirck

Here is the code:

\version "2.20.0"

\header {

  title = "arpeggio example"

  % Remove default LilyPond tagline
  tagline = ##f
}
#(define RH rightHandFinger)
global = {
  \key c \major
  \numericTimeSignature
  \time 4/4
  %tempo padding
  \override Score.MetronomeMark.padding = #5
  \tempo "tempo"
  %pickup measure
  %\partial 4
}

VoiceOne = \relative c' {
  \global
  % Music follows here.
 e1
}

VoiceTwo = \relative c' {
  \global
   \stemDown
  % Music follows here.
  <c, e g c>1 \arpeggio
}

VoiceThree = \relative c' {
  \global
  % Music follows here.

}

VoiceFour = \relative c' {
  \global
  % Music follows here.

}

\score {
  \new Staff \with {
    midiInstrument = "acoustic guitar (nylon)"
  } { \clef "treble_8" << \VoiceOne \\ \VoiceTwo \\ \VoiceThree \\ \VoiceFour >> }
  \layout { }

}
\paper {
system-system-spacing.basic-distance =  20
markup-markup-spacing.basic-distance =  8
markup-system-spacing.basic-distance =  36
last-bottom-spacing.basic-distance =  24
top-system-spacing.basic-distance =  1
top-system-spacing.basic-distance =  24