Re: How to align text vertically and change font document-wise

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: How to align text vertically and change font document-wise
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:30:42 +0000

On 9/1/21, 8:29 AM, "lilypond-user on behalf of Lukas-Fabian Moser"
<lilypond-user-bounces+carl.d.sorensen=gmail.com@gnu.org on behalf of
lfm@gmx.de> wrote:

    Hi Dmitry,

    Am 01.09.21 um 10:50 schrieb Ivanov Dmitry:
    > Here is the minimal working example:
    >
    > \relative c'' {
    >    \clef violin
    >    \time 3/4
    >    c,2_"C" e8_"E" c'_"C"
    >    g'2.
    >    f4 e d
    >    c4 c, r
    > }

    Adding to Jean's excellent advice: I found that if I have a lot of
    annotations of that kind that should be aligned vertically, I find it
    often more convenient to just abuse Lyrics for that.

    In very simple situations like that of your example, even \addlyrics { }
    is enough:

    \relative c'' {
       \clef violin
       \time 3/4
       c,2 e8 c'
       g'2.
       f4 e d
       c4 c, r
    }
    \addlyrics {
       C E C
    }

You might just want to use the NoteNames context:
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/outside-the-staff#note-names

Carl