I'd like to set fingeringOrientations once for the whole \book.

From: list_lilypond
Subject: I'd like to set fingeringOrientations once for the whole \book.
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 05:15:05 +0000

In a book with guitar music I'd like to position the fingering numbers at the left sides of the notes.

I already found out that notes have to be written as chords, i.e. <a'>, and tried to put
\set fingeringOrientations = #('left') in the layout block, which didn't work.
Then tried the \score block, which didn't work either.

It is as if I can only set the fingering orientations inside every newly created staff throughout the whole book.

Is this true, or did I just not find out how to do it properly?

Thanks.