Re: I'd like to set fingeringOrientations once for the whole \book.

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: I'd like to set fingeringOrientations once for the whole \book.
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 11:30:46 +0200

Le 04/09/2021 à 07:15, list_lilypond@infopower.nl a écrit :
In a book with guitar music I'd like to position the fingering numbers at the left sides of the notes.

I already found out that notes have to be written as chords, i.e. <a'>, and tried to put \set fingeringOrientations = #('left') in the layout block, which didn't work.
Then tried the \score block, which didn't work either.

It is as if I can only set the fingering orientations inside every newly created staff throughout the whole book.

Is this true, or did I just not find out how to do it properly?

Thanks.

Doesn't this work? Possibly you misspelled #'(left) with #('left')
or something similar?

\version "2.22.1"

\layout {
  \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)