Re: eps file

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: eps file
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 22:56:21 -0500

On Thu 02 Sep 2021 at 08:58:21 (+0200), Valentin Petzel wrote:

> For the relative problem: Note that if you do not save the file Frescobaldi
> will save the file to a temporary location. This will change the working
> directory to that temporary location.
>
> So unless you have the directory of your file in the includes relative paths
> you may only use relative paths with saved files.
> (It might be a good thing to do a bug report for Frescobaldi. In this
> situation Frescobaldi might be expected to add the directory of the file to
> the Lilypond includes).

I think it's clearer to write that you need "the full path" of your
file, rather than "the directory".

Having to write the full path into the unsaved source has the effect
of emphasising that these subsidiary files are compiled/included from
the *filesystem*. Having F~ handle all this automatically might leave
users with an impression that F~ is cleverer than it is, that it can
compile unsaved versions of included files (which I am led to believe
it can't).

> For your other error: That looks like a guile missconfiguration to me, or it
> may be some fundamental error in what appears to be dir-basename.

I missed seeing another error reported.

> Try to run a file simply containing
>
> #(display (version))
>
> And check if the output contains a line like 1.8.8 at the end, or if there
> are
> different numbers.

I see lots of "1.8.7" in the OP's output. Is that wrong?

Cheers,
David.