Rehearsal marks and tempo markings

From: Nuno Trocado
Subject: Rehearsal marks and tempo markings
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 20:25:22 +0000

When rehearsal marks and tempo markings coincide in the same bar, the rehearsal mark is shifted slightly upwards to avoid a collision, and ends up in an awkward position...
See "B" in the following example:
\version "2.19.55"
\score{
  {
    r1
    \mark \default
    \tempo 4 = 120
    r1 r1
    \mark \default
    \tempo 4 = 120
    \repeat unfold 4 c''4
    r1
    \once \override Score.MetronomeMark.self-alignment-X = -1.25
    \mark \default
    \tempo 4 = 120
    \repeat unfold 4 c''4
    r1

Every time this happens I have to manually move the tempo marking to the right ("C" in the example).
I wonder if there is a better, more automatic way of accomplishing this.
Maybe there should be a mechanism like outside-staff-priority, but that moves the element with the lowest priority to the right, instead of away from the staff.