Re: Beams over rests

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: Beams over rests
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:14:26 +0200

Hi Paul,

I'm sure you know of the override pair:

\override Stem.stemlet-length = #0.5
\override Stem.details.beamed-lengths = #'(4.75)
( music with beamed rests here )
\revert Stem.stemlet-length
\revert Stem.details.beamed-lengths

I'm not aware of any way to set this globally. Well, the first one can be set once. You'll still have to use "[" and "]" to force beaming, and you should, for the sake of Best Practices™, set the stemlet length manually for each one.

But this is the way I've had to do it; and while it's tedious to do that for every affected beam, it ensures that they look good and work properly.