Re: CHanging the = sign in a metronome mark

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: CHanging the = sign in a metronome mark
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:42:40 +0100

Paul,

Thanks - I hadn't realised this. Now I see it's in NR.

Best regards,

Peter

mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com

www.ptoye.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 10:18:20 AM, Paul Hodges wrote:

On 28/09/2021 10:02:24, "Peter Toye" <lilypond@ptoye.com> wrote:

I want to change the "=" to "~" or "ca." in a metronome mark but I can't see how to do it. There's a 'stencil' property but I assume that refers to the entire MM and not the equals sign. Can someone please help?
You can use arbitrary markup in a \tempo directive.  For instance, in my current work I have this (because I wanted no brackets and a smaller note symbol):

  \tempo \markup {\bold "Leggero "
                  \teeny \general-align #Y #DOWN \note {4.} #1
                  \medium "= 126"}

Change the literal = to ~ and you're there.

Paul