Re: voiceOne and oneVoice

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: voiceOne and oneVoice
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 10:41:28 +0200

Le 30/09/2021 à 10:04, Valentin Petzel a écrit :
Hello Silvain,

Note that I specified \voice number, so number is not part of the name, but an
argument. But Lilypond does (similar to TeX) interpret \command1 as \command 1
(which is the reason why numbers cannot be part of variable names, also
similar to how \commandA\commandB do not need to be separated, as well as
\command{ ... } is possible).

This is the exact reason why I am suggesting this option: For instead of
having a fixed number of commands \voiceOne, \voiceTwo, ... you simply have to
say \voice1 (\voice 1), \voice2 and you can thus easily use an arbitrary
number of voices.

Cheers,
Valentin

There is also the to me annoying concept
that \voiceTwo is usually the third voice.

Perhaps we could make \voice n format the
n-th voice in the normal order?

Jean