Re: String at the bottom of a cover page without using \markup

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: String at the bottom of a cover page without using \markup
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 13:23:10 -0500

Hi Paolo,

> I still prefer to have these fields totally decoupled.

The fields *are* totally decoupled…

> I think it's reasonable that the copyright appears at the bottom, as default,
> but I don't understand the choice to couple it to the footer of the first
> page.

1. I don't understand how you would include the copyright field information in
the footer [of any page] without referencing the field/property in the footer
definition.

2. I don't believe I've ever used a text/page layout application which allowed
multiple footers on a single page.

Please explain how you would like to see the "issue" resolved, specifically in
light of those two points.

Thanks,
Kieren.