Re: self-alignment-X on DynamicTextSpanner?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: self-alignment-X on DynamicTextSpanner?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 16:41:43 +0100

Thanks, Jean and Valentin, for the replies. I’ll certainly be able to achieve the result that I want.

However, I do think that DynamicTextSpanner should simply use properties

bound-details.left.self-alignment-X and
bound-details.left.parent-alignment-X

for this, by default. attach-dir doesn’t seem very descriptive and it deviates from the way horizontal alignment is normally specified in LilyPond, and likewise being able to specify self-alignment-X would seem to be the normal thing to expect.

I’ll submit such a request to the bug list.

Best, Simon