Re: associate text to chord

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: associate text to chord
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 08:19:21 -0800

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 7:57 AM achar <jpi.a@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
> When performing a harmonic analysis of a jazz standard,
> I would like to associate each chord with its Roman numeral equivalent.
> However, this is not possible in all cases because, for example,
> if a measure contains a whole note and there is a chord change on the 3rd
> beat,
> I cannot associate the Roman numerals with the second chord .
> There is of course the possibility of replacing the round note with two
> linked white notes.
> but this is not aesthetic.
> If anyone has a solution, please let me know. Have a good day.
> JP

It's always nice to post a minimum working example (MWE) that
illustrates the problem so that we have something to work with.

That said, I use two staves, one for the melody and one for the
chords.  That way I don't have to worry about attaching chords to the
melody.

%%%
\version "2.22.1"

theMelody = \relative { c'1 }