Re: How to catch post-events inside chords in an event listener?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: How to catch post-events inside chords in an event listener?
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 23:11:17 +0100

> Le 6 févr. 2022 à 22:52, Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de>
> I'm just still confused as to the terminology of event "classes" vs. event
> "types" etc. But that's something for next week...

Allow me to take advance on next week by an hour, then (in Paris time, that
is). The terms "music class" and "event class" are well-defined. But there is
confusion because the 'types property of music objects holds music classes, and
this is also what extract-typed-music uses. If you want to make an analogy with
grobs, you would, on the contrary, use "type" for one music "definition" (that
is the term the Internals Reference uses) and not a class grouping several of
them. But in the context of grobs, a "class" is something else entirely, it
refers to the four hardcoded grob classes Item, Spanner, Paper_column and
System. What would most closely resemble music and event classes in the grob
world is grob "interfaces". It's a holy mess ...

Jean