Re: Right justifying text between systems

From: Remy CLAVERIE
Subject: Re: Right justifying text between systems
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 09:53:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi Alaisdair,

What about :

\markup\fill-line{ \null \fontsize #2 \italic "Au Rondeau puis au premier"} ??

Rémy

envoyé : 8 février 2022 à 08:04
de : Alasdair McAndrew <amca01@gmail.com>
à : lilypond-user@gnu.org
objet : Right justifying text between systems

Hello,
I'm typesetting some French late baroque music, which starts with the three
movements Rondeau I, Rondeau II, Bourree I. After Rondeau II I need to
include the text direction to repeat Rondeau I. In order to try to get the
"feel" of the original, I want to have this text right justified on the
page. The best I can find so far is to manually put some space before it
and put this between two \score blocks:

\markup {\hspace #70 \fontsize #2 {\italic {Au Rondeau puis au premier}}}

This works, except for the vertical spacing - it's too far from the Rondeau
II score block, and too close to the next score block for Bourree I. I
want this text to be somehow "anchored" to Rondeau II, and let the page
layout algorithm put as much space as it needs before Bourree I.

I could do this by adding the text as a markup to one of the notes in the
bottom staff of Rondeau II, but then it's too close to the score block.

Does this make sense? What I want is:

Rondeau I

Rondeau II

"repeat Rondeau I" (and right justified)

Bourree I

and with the text closer to Rondeau II than to Bourree I. I would have
thought this would be trivial - and maybe it is - but I still can't work
out how to do it. Thank you all!

Alasdair

--
https://numbersandshapes.net