Installing Alternate Music Fonts with Frescobaldi and Homebrew Installat

From: Jesse Wiener
Subject: Installing Alternate Music Fonts with Frescobaldi and Homebrew Installation on M1 Mac
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:03:34 -0500

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered. I couldn't find anything about it in the archives.

I have an M1 mac running Monterey. I use Frescobaldi and my LilyPond install was done with Homebrew. It all works wonderfully well.

My question is:

Is there some way to install alternate music fonts with this setup? Obviously there's no .app package to put the fonts into, which makes me think that until we have an official LilyPond.app for recent macOS releases, there might be no way around this.

But I wanted to put it to the group. Has anyone found a workaround?

I did try placing font files into the 'share' folder that Homebrew creates but that didn't seem to work. Frescobaldi threw errors.

Thank you!

Best,
Jesse Wiener