Re: Inspecting stencil

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Inspecting stencil
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 10:54:27 +0100 (CET)

> Le 09/02/2022 09:51, Rip _Mus <ripetizioni.musica@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> Good morning,
> I want to create a modified version of the flaired hairpin stencil.
> Is It possibile ti inspect the stencil, to aknowledge me about the making of?

Yes:

(ly:stencil-expr the-stencil)

On the other hand, this might be difficult to read,
and it's not intended to be a structure that you
traverse or modify. Instead, you use the ly:stencil-...
functions to create new stencils from existing stencils.
There are also various functions to make box stencils,
circle stencils, ... Searching

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/scheme-functions

will give you all of them (be sure to read that page in
2.23, as in 2.22 it doesn't include a number of them,
more precisely those that are defined in Scheme rather
than C++).

To understand how an existing stencil is built, I would
recommend reading the source code that constructs it
rather than trying to interpret the stencil expression.
Here is the relevant part of the source:

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/master/scm/output-lib.scm#L1255

Best,
Jean