Re: Installing Alternate Music Fonts with Frescobaldi and Homebrew Insta

From: Jesse Wiener
Subject: Re: Installing Alternate Music Fonts with Frescobaldi and Homebrew Installation on M1 Mac
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 11:18:42 -0500

Thanks Werner.

Looks like it's finding the font in the folder, but then crashing midway through the build. Here are the last few lines of the verbose output.

```
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Grob count 1289
[/opt/local/share/lilypond/2.23.1/fonts/otf/beethoven-11.otf
CFF name for font beethoven-11 is the same.]
[/opt/local/share/lilypond/2.23.1/fonts/otf/beethoven-13.otf
CFF name for font beethoven-13 is the same.]
[beethoven-13_4.2177734375][1]    86953 segmentation fault  lilypond --verbose testreed.ly
```

Do I need to change the 00-lilypond-fonts.conf file?

Thank you!

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 11:01 AM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> Valentin -- That's exactly the path I've been trying to no avail. I
> tracked down that folder but the fonts just aren't being recognized
> as having been installed.

If you call the `lilypond` binary on the command line with

```
lilypond --verbose <your input file>
```

You can see where LilyPond tries to find fonts and other files.  Maybe
this helps identify the exact location necessary for installing more
music fonts.

    Werner

--
Jesse Wiener