Re: ANN: Spontini-Editor version 1.12-alfa

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: ANN: Spontini-Editor version 1.12-alfa
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:10:13 +0100 (CET)

> Le 11/02/2022 11:07, Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> Thanks for these infos.
>

> 1) once I download a development snapshot, how can I test it?

If you mean an unstable release, you cannot, since these
aren't built with Cairo yet -- the switch to Guile 2
and the new infrastructure for binaries was already enough
for a single release. So if you want to test it (which
will be very much appreciated if you can report any
problems you find), you have to compile LilyPond yourself
by following the procedure described in

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/contributor/compiling

To enable Cairo, you have to configure with

../configure --enable-cairo-backend

and then you run with Cairo using

lilypond --svg -dbackend=cairo file.ly

(if you use --svg, -dbackend=cairo must be last).

> 2) Is there a plan of when it will be included into a released version?

I haven't followed this story very closely, but I guess
it will be included at some point in this development
series. When it will become the default is another question.

> 3) Is it already well working, or is it in unstable/buggy state?

Working quite well overall.

Best,
Jean