Re: Windows laptop

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Windows laptop
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 10:53:10 +0100

Hi Jeremiah,

The last time I used Lilypond on the Mac, I used it via a GUI.

Looks like I have to do something different here. I am comfortable running it from Terminal, if that is what I have to do. I've never done that. Where do I find instructions for using the package I just downloaded?

Most people use Frescobaldi for editing LilyPond files: https://frescobaldi.org/download I hope it works on your MacOS version (but I think it should).

Thankfully, LilyPond's interface is stable enough so you do not need to have a Frescobaldi version that knows about the recent infrastructure changes (Guile 2, new release mode etc.)

Lukas