Re: Windows laptop

From: Wol
Subject: Re: Windows laptop
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 20:06:15 +0000

On 13/02/2022 18:35, David Zelinsky wrote:
Wols Lists <antlists@youngman.org.uk> writes:

On 13/02/2022 17:36, David Zelinsky wrote:
Wols Lists <antlists@youngman.org.uk> writes:

Oh - and the other route to consider, there always used to be Ubuntu
Virtualbox or Vmware images of lilypond. Virtualbox is a freebie, and
I think you can get free Vmware.

Why would you need that?  Just run lilypond natively in Ubuntu.
(Or am I misunderstanding?)

Sorry yes you are. The whole point of the suggestion is (1) run
lilypond natively in Ubuntu, and (2) avoid shelling out for a new PC!

I wholeheartedly agree with those points!  But why would you need
Virtualbox or VMware?  Just install the binaries from lilypond.org.

If you'd been following the thread ... the whole point was the binaries wouldn't run on updated MacOS.

That appears to be fixed, which was why I opened my original email with the comment that I hoped the information would be irrelevant ... :-) (but useful :-)

Cheers,
Wol