Re: Blind and visually impaired users learning LilyPond

From: Hwaen Ch'uqi
Subject: Re: Blind and visually impaired users learning LilyPond
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 20:08:53 -0500

Greetings Tyler,

I would gently suggest that, when asking for help or making critical
suggestions, not to simultaneously accuse people whom you do not know
of cardinal faults. Likewise, it is not wise to assume that all people
in a certain situation operate or think in the same way; I too am
unable to see but have never, until now, identified as such to the
LilyPond community. The VERY first subsubsection of the Learning
Manual, 1.1.1, indicates that examples in the manual may not always
reflect the way they should be written in order to successfully
compile. And a quick look into the Table of Contents would have shown
you where to find the relevant midi sections. Your and Valentin's
suggestions are certainly warranted. I prefer Valentin's, simply
because it is much more streamlined and works nicely with the way the
manuals are already structured.

Hwaen Ch'uqi