Re: musicxml2ly in python

From: Sebastian Adams
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly in python
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:12:09 +0100

Hi Jean and Valentin,

Thanks to both of you for your help.

The find command in the terminal solves the problem perfectly, it iterates over a folder. So that's one great way to do this

I think I see a way to do what Valentin suggested in musicxml2ly_conversion.py - it looks like it's just a matter of changing a few lines at the start of the main() function. I'll report back if I get that to work, in case anybody is interested

Thanks,
Sebastian

On Fri, 25 Feb 2022 at 08:04, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le 25/02/2022 à 00:27, Sebastian Adams a écrit :
> Does anybody out there have a Python script for converting a folder of
> musicxml (.xml) files into .ly or know how to do this?

Welcome to the list.

This question sounds like you want to learn about what your shell
can do. Assuming UNIX (not Windows, that is):

find . -name "*.xml" -exec musicxml2ly {} \;

Best,
Jean