Re: Leipzig1803 music font

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Leipzig1803 music font
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 17:23:24 -0700

Hey, Patrice!

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 5:04 PM Patrice Nicolas <patrice.nicolas@umoncton.ca> wrote:

Dear all,

I bought the Leipzig1803 music font from Urtext Mucic Software, hoping to use it with Lilypond. Sadly, the main .otf file does not seem to be compatible. As shown in the attached “Screen shot 1”, this main .otf file shows up as “urmlbhmf”. There are also four accompanying .otf files : Ornaments, TimeSigXtras, Text and Xtras.

I copied and renamed this main .otf file “leipzig1803-11” (idem for all the other point sizes and “leipzig1803-brace”). But while Lilypond is able to find these files, the music do not display correctly (see “Screen shot 2”).

Hoping someone can help me with that. Or maybe it really is not compatible with Lilypond ?

Many thanks in advance.

PN

Yeah, Leipzig1803 is not compatible with LilyPond. It was originally designed for Sibelius only. Both applications use a custom font encoding that are unique to each application. Since Leipzig1803 is a commercially offered font family, you'll need to contact the creator to see if they will 1) create LilyPond-compatible font files for you, or 2) give permission for someone else to do it, maintaining the original license agreement, of course.

Hope that helps,
Abraham