Re: Leipzig1803 music font

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Leipzig1803 music font
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 01:30:00 +0100

Hello,

if the fonts was not sold as compatible to Lilypond it probably isn’t.
Lilypond has it’s own way of working with fonts. Up to some point each
Application used it’s own mapping, so there is little compatibility of
notation fonts. Steinberg created the SMuFL standard for this, by the way.
There is some effort going on the make Lilypond take SMuFL fonts (which
requires remappings of glyphs for cases where this works and gets a bit weird
for cases where this doesn’t, i.e. where the Steinberg’s assumption on how to
use fonts differ from Lilypond’s assumptions). You could try to take this as a
base to figure out a way to map to the glyphs in whatever mapping your font
uses.

So Lilypond is open enough so that you could probably get it to work, but it
might need some effort.

Cheers,
Valentin