Re: SATB.Ly template and putting lyrics below the staff

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: SATB.Ly template and putting lyrics below the staff
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 19:50:08 -0700

On 2022-03-09 15:47, Trevor wrote:

Ah OK. Did you see that you can also specify several verses? These are aligned with the rhythms in the soprano voice (or the alto if there is no soprano line) when you specify two voices per staff. They are placed between the two staves. I've attached an example of this. HTH

Trevor

I got a bit further: naming the lyrics for the upper voice as VerseOne did, indeed, place them where I want them. I think, though, that my problem is that I'm being asked to have a set of lyrics for S/A and the same set for T/B, each below their respective staves. The T/B line isn't totally identical to the upper one, and both the alto and bass have brief passages different from soprano and tenor. It seems to me that my path to salvation will greatly be eased by spending time considering single staff and temporary polyphony. SATB.ly seems ideal when lyrics are shared by all voices, and it will surely be come my main tool for that case. Again, thanks for all your contributions to Lilypond, Trevor!

Cheers,

Colin