Re: Opposite of Laissez Vibrer?

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Re: Opposite of Laissez Vibrer?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:57:57 +0000

As a repeat is not involved, I didn't look there.  I searched for things like "divided tie" or "split tie" (thinking of the part of a tie after a line break, but that's automatic so nothing came up).  I'm not aware that there is even a name for this item.  I knew about laissez vibrer, so maybe I would have stumbled across an example or snippet in which a usage such as mine was illustrated.

But I guess if I had used the index then seeing "tie, from nothing" would have caught my eye - but I didn't, because as usual I did a Google search with "lilypond", which is usually the best way in my experience because it find things in snippets and mailing lists as well.  Also, in my case, it's not "from nothing" - it's just deferred for practicality.  As always with searching, finding the right terms is crucial!

Paul