Re: Wildly different horizontal spacing in two similar scores.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Wildly different horizontal spacing in two similar scores.
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 12:27:26 +0000

On Fri, 2022-03-18 at 12:11 +0100, Valentin Petzel wrote:
> Let’s take a look at what’s happening here:
>
> if we add
> \override Score.SpacingSpanner.common-shortest-duration =
> #(grob-transformer 'common-shortest-duration
>                    (lambda (grob orig) (display orig) (newline)
> orig))

Many thanks - it sounds like it will worth experimenting with setting
common-shortest-duration manually to common-up the appearamce of the
parts. Would some syntax along the lines

\override Score.SpacingSpanner.common-shortest-duration = #(make-
moement '(1 . 8))

do this? (I'm doubtful because I didn't see an example in the manual -
rather the statement
"There is no convenient mechanism to manually override spacing. "
at
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/horizontal-spacing-overview
)

Richard