Re: Ignore stems

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Ignore stems
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 05:30:33 -0700

On 2022-03-25 5:11 am, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Hello everybody,

I want to try having Lyrics placed without regard for any stems in the
adjacent staff (and then using whiteout to remedy the clash, of
course). The below approach doesn’t work. Why? Can I make it work?

You'll typically need to use negative padding to get overlapping ink.

%%%%
  \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing =
    #'((minimum-distance . 4.5) (padding . -2))
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill