Re: Help with ties and accidentals

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Help with ties and accidentals
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 03:24:02 +0200

KEITH LYNN <klynn47@comcast.net> writes:

> Mark,
> I'm trying to reproduce the following sheet music
>
> Original http://69.246.129.36/002.jpg
>
> I'm using this code to try to produce it
>
> Lilypond file http://69.246.129.36/002.jpg
>
> And it's producing this result
>
> Output http://69.246.129.36/002.jpg

That's the same link 3 times in a row, not really helpful.  However, if
we assume that this is the original, it is clear that you are making the
mistake I already told you about: there is not a single b in those
measures: all of them are bes.  Your input notenames apparently try to
tell LilyPond how the notes are to be _printed_ rather than how they are
to _sound_.

This is not how LilyPond's pitch entry works.  Please read the Learning
Manual section about pitches in
<https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/learning/pitches-and-key-signatures#warning-key-signatures-and-pitches>.

--
David Kastrup