Re: Chords from Fretboard Diagrams

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Chords from Fretboard Diagrams
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 16:34:26 -0600

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 4:09 PM Kieren MacMillan <kieren@kierenmacmillan.info> wrote:
Hi Valentin,

> this is unrelated to ChordNames. Rather it just remaps chords
> from \chordmode depending on Fretboards.

I don't know how they interact exactly… Carl: Any comment on whether or not there's any intersection between Valentin's work and the GSoC work you did/mentored?

As far as I know, there is no interaction.

I think Valentin's work takes the pitches from the FretBoards and turns the pitches in the FretBoards into chords on a regular staff.

Charles's GSOC work was to store the name of the chord such that one knew what chord name was intended, especially in cases where there may be alternate chordnames for the same pitches.

Carl