Re: help for midi instruments

From: Dario Marrini
Subject: Re: help for midi instruments
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 19:54:27 +0200

thank you, I'm looking at docs, but subjects are a lot and very huge, I'm trying to survive....

I would ask about soundfonts too, I'm copying the final of Leonora 3 ouverture, to experiment some MIdi _expression_ effects.I'm interested in Midi rendering to create a beautiful symphonic orchestra sound, any suggestion is appreciated. I'm tried standard Fluidsyinth GM pack, and a "Sonatina" soundfont I found on the web, but strings are still very bad.....
I'll send here some music to let you see and, hope , suggest

regards

dario

Il giorno sab 9 apr 2022 alle ore 19:40 Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> ha scritto:
On Sat, Apr 9, 2022 at 10:00 AM Dario Marrini <dario.marrini@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi people, hi Gilles,
>
> can you explain to me the meaning of
> << {c1} {s8\> s s\! s\p} >>
> ?
> I can recognize that, what's 's' ? and what's 's8' ? THen I didn't know the existence of Edition Engraver, I have to learn how to implement it and use it, can you post some code lines for understanding it?

The "s" is a spacer, meaning it takes up space but prints no note.
"s8" is a spacing with an eighth-note duration.  The following "s"'s
are the same duration until changed.

May I suggest that you go through the LilyPond Learning Manual if you
haven't already?

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/learning/index.html

--
Knute Snortum