DurationLine avoiding RehearsalMarks

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: DurationLine avoiding RehearsalMarks
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 19:12:36 +0100

I'm trying to debug some issues I'm having with the new DurationLine grob.
Previously I've been using a TextSpanner to achieve similar results.

One issue is that DurationLine adds space at the left side of a broken spanner,
seemingly to avoid overlapping with a RehearsalMark. I'd like it to start
underneath the RehearsalMark, as the TextSpanner does.

The problem is illustrated in this example.

\version "2.23.6"
\header { tagline = ##f }
\score {
  <<
    \new Dynamics {
      \repeat unfold 31 { s1 \mark \default }
    }
    \new Voice \with {
      \consists Duration_line_engraver
    } {
      c'1:32\-^\markup "using DurationLine" s1*18
      s1
      \override TextSpanner.style = #'line
      \override TextSpanner.thickness = #4
      \override TextSpanner.outside-staff-priority = ##f
      \override TextSpanner.Y-offset = #0
      r4\startTextSpan^\markup "using TextSpanner" 4 4 4
      R1*16
      <>\stopTextSpan
      R1

Mark Knoop