Re: How to tweak dot sizes

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: How to tweak dot sizes
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:04:49 +0200

Le 11/04/2022 à 12:56, Paul Hodges a écrit :
I am in the last stages of preparing a score for publication.  I am using the Bravura font rather than Feta, because the publishers agree that it provides the best general match for other publications in the same series.  However, I am adding a few tweaks to improve the matching further - I have modified \tempo output simply by using markup, and I have found I can thicken hairpin lines slightly using the "thickness" property.

However, I'd also like to slightly increase the size of dots (both augmentation and staccato, in proportion of course), and finding the tweak for this has defeated me.  I wonder if it's the "Y-extent" property - but this doesn't feel right; I'd expect something like "size", but that doesn't seem to be available for dots.

Can some kind soul point me in the right direction for this, please?

For augmentation dots, the property is called font-size (e.g. \override Dots.font-size = 3 ; http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/font_002dinterface).

For staccato marks, you may want to re-read https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2021-09/msg00478.html ... :-)

Jean