Re: Removing all dynamics from MIDI

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Removing all dynamics from MIDI
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 17:53:11 +0200

Hi David,

After tracking this string throughout the source code, I finally found where the property is set: ly/script-init.ly

accent = #(make-articulation 'accent
           'midi-extra-velocity 20)

marcato = #(make-articulation 'marcato
            'midi-extra-velocity 40)

You can just repeat those definitions from script-init.ly without the midi-extra-velocity setting:

accent = #(make-articulation 'accent)
marcato = #(make-articulation 'marcato)

Don't forget to also re-issue

dashHat = \marcato
dashLarger = \accent

in order to update the shorthands -^ etc.

Also notice that your version indication (\version 2.22.2) does not match the source you seem to haved used for reference: If I'm not mistaken, the change I made in the definition of articulation symbols switching from

#(make-articulation "accent")

#(make-articulation 'accent)

is only available in high 2.23.x versions, not in the 2.22 series.

Lukas