Re: Removing all dynamics from MIDI

From: David Santamauro
Subject: Re: Removing all dynamics from MIDI
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 04:46:59 -0400

On Apr 17, 2022, at 11:53 AM, Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi David,

After tracking this string throughout the source code, I finally found where the property is set: ly/script-init.ly

accent = #(make-articulation 'accent
           'midi-extra-velocity 20)

marcato = #(make-articulation 'marcato
            'midi-extra-velocity 40)

You can just repeat those definitions from script-init.ly without the midi-extra-velocity setting:

For now, I just copied the file, removed all MIDI interpretations attached to articulations and “include” the new file.

Also notice that your version indication (\version 2.22.2) does not match the source you seem to haved used for reference: If I'm not mistaken, the change I made in the definition of articulation symbols switching from

I just cloned the source for this exercise, but yes, my installation is 2.22.

Thanks