Re: midi2ly

From: nkerr
Subject: Re: midi2ly
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 21:36:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, thank you. I tried that, and no, that also comes up as 'not recognized.'

I don't see a separate installer for midi2ly, so how can I install it?

Nathan Kerr

May 4, 2022, 12:19 by janneke@gnu.org:
[sent to lilypond-user; please use the mailing list]
Hi, I'm trying to convert a midi file to a Lilypond string. From the
website
(https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/usage/invoking-midi2ly)
I understand I'm supposed to use the following in cmd:

midi2ly [option]… midi-file
but I get "not recognized." I can successfully use Lilypond from
cmd. I don't see a separate installer for midi2ly and see no
documentation indicating how to get passed this issue.
Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

You can try:

midi2ly --version

to see if midi2ly has been installed correctly. If it is, possibly
midi2ly cannot handle your midi file.

Greetings,
Janneke

--