Re: within \markup, how to \translate by width of another markup?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: within \markup, how to \translate by width of another markup?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 13:45:35 +0000 (UTC)

>> Within a markup, I want to `\translate` an object by the x-extent
>> of another markup.  How can I do that?
>>

>> While we have `\with-dimensions` and friends to adjust the size of
>> an object, it seems to me that we don't have something similar for
>> offsets...  Would it be necessary to define
>> `\translate-with-dimensions` and similar commands?
>
> Can't you just concat a \with-dimensions ... \null together with
> what you want to see shifted?

I don't think so.  The problem at hand is stacking fixed-width
single-digit and two-digit numbers.  Single-digit numbers should be
left-aligned for various reasons:

```
  9
  8
  7
```

If there is a two-digit number, it should be right-aligned at the
right edge of the left-aligned single-digit numbers:

```
 10
  9
  8
```

My idea was to translate the two-digit number to the left by the width
of a single digit.

Is there a solution for this with the current LilyPond markup
commands?

    Werner