Re: within \markup, how to \translate by width of another markup?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: within \markup, how to \translate by width of another markup?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 19:10:28 +0000 (UTC)

> Again, I have no idea what you are trying to achieve here and how
> kerning has anything to do with it.

OK.  Next try.

Here are the assumptions.

* Numbers 0, 1, 2, ..., 9 all have a width of 100 units.

* Number 10, however, has a kerning of -50 units between digits 0
  and 1, making a total width of 150 (instead of 200).

* I want to stack the numbers 8, 9, 10 vertically so that the digits
  8, 9, and 0 are properly aligned.

* Single-digit numbers are left-aligned.

```
         y ^

    +--------------------+
    |                    |
    |         10         |
    |                    |
    +--------------------+
           |             |
           |      9      |
           |             |
           +-------------+
  -50      0            100
```

As far as I can see, I have to right-align number 10, then shifting it
to the right by the width of a single digit.

    Werner