TupletNumber placement with fingering

From: Ahanu Banerjee
Subject: TupletNumber placement with fingering
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 23:53:46 -0400

Hello,

When I have a beamed tuplet (without a bracket) and a fingering on one note, the TupletNumber moves outward from the staff despite there being no possibility of a collison. In normal usage, TupletNumber should stay as close as possible to the beam.

Example:

\version "2.22.2"
\relative c
{\tuplet 3/2 { g''8-4 g g } \tuplet 3/2 { c_4 c c } }

Is this the expected behaviour? The fix I have found is increasing the value of Fingering.outside-staff-priority. Is that the best solution?

Thank you!