Re: Bar numbers every nth bar *and* at beginning of line

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Bar numbers every nth bar *and* at beginning of line
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 08:40:43 +0100

Hi Kieren,

Now that's a weird one. I was expecting a stack of 3 bar numbers, not 4… :O Thanks for sharing that, definitely useful to know.

Kind regards,
sb

On Wed, 25 May 2022 at 21:38, Kieren MacMillan - kieren at kierenmacmillan.info <mailforwards@cloudmails.net> wrote:
Hi Jean,

>> You’ve clearly never been [self-]bitten by the “many of my custom contexts \consists Bar_number_engraver, and now I’m trying to use two or more of them simultaneously” bug…  ;)
>
> Mmm… What is the bug when you do that?

See output of:

\version "2.23.4"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \consists Bar_number_engraver
  }
  \context {
    \StaffGroup
    \consists Bar_number_engraver
  }
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists Bar_number_engraver

\score {
  {
    \new StaffGroup <<
      \new Staff { c'1 \break c'1 }

Now I know you’ll say “Well then don’t do that…” ;)

But the point is these custom contexts might be defined in different parts of different include files — usually used separately — and then “accidentally” used together. Short of a time-consuming stylesheet/includefile rewriting, I simply have to kick myself and \remove the engraver from all but one context in order to get the score(s) out the door ASAP.

Cheers
Kieren

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and quick to anger.