Re: PDF Bookmarks

From: Mark Probert
Subject: Re: PDF Bookmarks
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 12:18:25 +1000

You wrote:

> You apparently inserted '%%' before that line. This is within
> Scheme code, so comments should be introduced by ';', not '%'.

Doh! Thanks.

With that particular problem fixed, I redid the example and still am
running across the problem of Preview not showing the ToC, though it
does so in other PDFs. I've made a "simple" example of the production
lilypond files so, if creation works as described (and I don't doubt it
does!) then there is something about the way I'm create the ToC entries
that is causing an issue.

In the example I'm making a book using a main file that includes tunes
placed in separate include files. I've simplified some and the two
tunes are the same but the PDF result is the same as my "production"
PDFs.

Thanks for any help or insight.

 .. m.

--- main.ly

\version "2.22"

\include "partone.ily"
\include "parttwo.ily"

partone = \bookpart {
  \tocItem \markup "01. Part One"
  \part-one-hdr
  \score { \part-one-tune }
}

parttwo = \bookpart {
  \tocItem \markup "02. Part Two"
  \part-two-hdr
  \score { \part-two-tune }
}

\markuplist \table-of-contents
\pageBreak

\partone
\parttwo

----- partone.ily

\version "2.22"

melody = \relative c'' {
  \clef treble
  \key d \minor
  \time 3/4
  \tempo 4 = 105

  a2 r8 bes8~ | bes4 c8 d8~ d4~ | d2. | \bar "||"
}

harmony = \new ChordNames \chordmode {
  d2.:m7 | g4.:m7 c4.:7 | f2.:7 |
}

part-one-tune = \score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \harmony
    \new Staff      \melody

  \layout{}
}

part-one-hdr = \header {
  title = "Part One"
  composer = "Anon."
}

----- parttwo.ily

\version "2.22"

melody = \relative c'' {
  \clef treble
  \key d \minor
  \time 3/4
  \tempo 4 = 105

  a2 r8 bes8~ | bes4 c8 d8~ d4~ | d2. | \bar "||"
}

harmony = \new ChordNames \chordmode {
  d2.:m7 | g4.:m7 c4.:7 | f2.:7 |
}