Default language behavior for ChordNames has changed?

From: raphaelhardy
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 12:08:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
Happy to post my first message on this mailing list. I use Lilypond regularly without being a wizard, mainly engraving for kids orchestras.
In newer versions, I have trouble displaying chords in english while using \language "italiano". It was not the same in older versions like 2.18
For example this code produces the following output:

\version "2.18.2"
\language "italiano"
<<
  \new ChordNames {
    \chordmode { do  }
  }
  \new ChordNames {
    \italianChords { do }
  }

While a newer version:

\version "2.23.5"
\language "italiano"
<<
  \new ChordNames {
    \chordmode { do  }
  }
  \new ChordNames {
    \italianChords { do }
  }

It's not really an issue, right now I deal with it by typing in english if I want to display english chords. But it still sounds strange. Have I missed something?

Have a nice day
Raphael