Re: Horizontal spacing for a few measures

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Horizontal spacing for a few measures
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 16:41:20 -0500

On Sun 12 Jun 2022 at 07:39:10 (-0700), Knute Snortum wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2022 at 3:27 PM JxStarks <jxstarks@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you! The "page-count = 1" worked for this example, so I'll keep it in
> > my toolbox.
> > If I wanted to use the #(set-global-staff-size 19.8), where would I put it?
> > I tried in the \paper { } section and LP told me it didn't belong there and
> > ignored it.
>
> I usually put it near the top on the same level as the \version
> command, that is, outside of any block.

My positioning is similar for single scores, where I have:

   version
   language
   includes
   header
 . miditempo (if used just for proofreading)
 . global staff size
 . paper
 . default layout
   parts (global, SATB, lyrics)
   score

which keeps the "tunables" together.

But I often need multiple scores (a cappella choral, a piano reduction,
or vocal on two and four staves) from the same parts. For those, I put
each score in a \book, prefixed with its individual global staff size
(and there may be specific layout options and extra headers added to
the end of each type of score).

Cheers,
David.