Re: Playback using Frescobaldi?

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Playback using Frescobaldi?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 08:29:44 -0700

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 8:11 AM Kira Garvie <kgarvie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I use Frescobaldi to make my scores, and is it possible to have a way to play
> the scores so I can listen to them? It would make my proofreading so much
> quicker!
> Thank you!
> Best,
> Kira

It's as easy as this: just put \midi{} in your score block.

https://frescobaldi.org/uguide#help_ts_midi_generate

Then in Frescobaldi, select Tools -> Midi and check Midi Player.  This
will play midi files from within Frescobaldi.  If you're on a
Linux-type system, you may have more to set up.

--
Knute Snortum