Re: What is the meaning of a mordent on top of a sharp sign?

From: Jeff Olson
Subject: Re: What is the meaning of a mordent on top of a sharp sign?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 14:41:06 -0600

Ken,

You're welcome, but Simon was right and I was wrong: your screenshot showed three such measures, so it likely is BWV 939.

IMSLP344372 also includes that piece as No.5 on page 6, and the engraver did a similar treatment there:

IMSLP344372-p6-BWV939.png

But the "321" fingering (above) should have been "231" as in the BWV 924 example (crossing my fingers this time).

Jeff