Re: Error message using AikenHeads with NullVoice

From: David F.
Subject: Re: Error message using AikenHeads with NullVoice
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 10:23:37 -0600

> On Jul 7, 2022, at 1:59 AM, Valentin Petzel <valentin@petzel.at> wrote:
>
> A different way to approach the problem would be to also specify something
> like
>
> \context {
>      \NullVoice
>      shapeNoteStyles = ##()
> }
>
> It is still questionable why NullVoice would hickup on simply changing the
> NoteHead style, so think this is worth creating a bug report.
>
> Cheers,
> Valentin

Yes, it does seem odd—and avoidable—that NullVoice would have a problem with
shape notes.

With aikenHeads, there is one note-head shape (the triangle that is not a
pyramid) that depends on the stem direction.  My assumption is that’s where the
error is coming from.  But if the note is not being shown at all, that logic
doesn’t need to be executed.

David F.