Re: Error message using AikenHeads with NullVoice

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Error message using AikenHeads with NullVoice
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 13:40:39 -0500

On Wed 06 Jul 2022 at 11:56:52 (-0600), David F. wrote:
> [ … ]
> The command to use aikenHeads comes from a separate style file that gets
> included for each hymn.  But there is an unfortunate interaction between
> aikenHeads and NullVoice: Lilypond outputs the following error message:
>
> programming error: must have stem dir for note head
> continuing, cross fingers
>
> And it outputs a lot of these messages.  I need to find a way to stop
> Lilypond from outputting this error.  Any kind of quick fix or hack would be
> sufficient.

$ lilypond source-file.ly |& tee /tmp/complete-errors | grep -v 'programming
error: must have stem dir for note head' | grep -v 'continuing, cross fingers'

Is this hackish enough? The unfiltered errors are available
for consultation in /tmp/complete-errors. I would need sed
rather than grep to filter out the second line only when
preceded by this particular first line.

Cheers,
David.