Re: \time 9/8 (3/4)

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: \time 9/8 (3/4)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:32:48 +0200

> On 29 Jul 2022, at 15:14, Paul Hodges <pwh@cassland.org> wrote:
>
> From: Hans Åberg <haberg-1@telia.com>
>
> There is also the practise to write the triplet markers just a few bars, and
> then skipping them. Perhaps for simplifying handwriting and helping then
> engraver in the days this was done by hand, so would not be needed nowadays
> when done electronically.
>
> Not needed maybe, but in some contexts actually easier to read in my view.

For a Leventikos, like Egejki Majki, I use
  \time 3,2,2,3,2 12/8
  \override TupletNumber.text = #tuplet-number::calc-fraction-text
which has duplets on the 3s, I use this first:
\once \override TupletNumber.text =
  #(tuplet-number::fraction-with-notes (ly:make-duration 2 0) (ly:make-duration
2 1))
  \tuplet 2/3 {f16 g a d,}  …
to get small notes added. And then
  \tuplet 2/3 {f16 g a c,} …
just writes numbers over. I get small hooks over
  \times 2/3 {f4\trill~f8} …

It does not look so intrusive.