convert-ly and lilypond-invoke-editor missing gettext

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: convert-ly and lilypond-invoke-editor missing gettext
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:13:44 +0200

Hi,

 after upgrading from lilpond 2.19 to 2.23, lilypond-invoke-editor and
convert-ly stopped working.

In both cases I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "~/bin/../libexec/convert-ly", line 24, in <module>
    import gettext
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'gettext'

I installed python-gettext on my systemwide python installation but it
seems lilypond gets shipped with its own python3.10 binary and invokes
that.

Does anybody know how to make it working?

--
Orm